World’s Leading Champion of Project Management and Strategy Implementation
Antonio Nieto-Rodriguez is regarded as the world’s leading champion of Project Management and Strategy Implementation. He believes that projects are the language of preference as far as both your personal and business environment is concerned. The global speaker’s expertise has seen him at the forefront of major financial change. The multilingual (five languages) Antonio Nieto-Rodriguez was born in Madrid, Spain, educated in Germany, Mexico, Italy, and the USA, has an MBA from London Business School, and is currently pursuing a PhD in Strategy.
The creator of such concepts as the Hierarchy of Purpose, or the Project Manifesto, he argues that projects are the lingua franca of both the business and personal worlds, from the C-suite to managing your career and relationships. He is currently the Director of the Program Management Office at GlaxoSmithKline Vaccines and Chairman of the Project Management Institute.
Antonio’s previous work history had him work as Head of Transversal Portfolio Management at BNP Paribas Fortis for the Executive Board. His role saw him develop and implement a company-wide project selection and prioritization process. He was also head of Post-Merger Integration at Fortis Bank, leading the largest takeover in financial service history, i.e. the acquisition of ABN AMRO. Antonio also did a 10-year stint at PricewaterhouseCoopers, where he became the global lead practitioner for project management.
• Author of the best-selling book ‘The Focused Organization.’ “Harvard Business Review Project Management Handbook” (HBR 2021) and HBR magazine’s featured article “The Project Economy Has Arrived” (Nov 2021) Visiting professors at leading business schools such as Duke CE, Instituto de Empresa, Solvay Business School, Vlerick, and Skolkovo.
• 2016 Thinker the Month, awarded by the prestigious Thinkers 50, an organization that identifies the most influential management thinkers in the world. which argues that Projects are the lingua franca of the business and personal worlds from the C-suite to managing your careers.
A much sought-after global speaker, Antonio has, over the last fifteen years, presented at over 160 conferences around the world. Amongst his successes, he includes the European Business Summit, Strategy Leaders Forum, Gartner Summit, TEDx, and the EU Cohesion Policy Conference with EU President Donald Tusk. He is part of Marshall Goldsmith 100 coaches.
• Advising senior leaders on how to lead transformational change
• Prioritizing and implementing strategic initiatives
• Building high-performance teams
• How to become a leading organization working across geographical and cultural boundaries
• The essential elements needed to create a culture that strives for execution
• Excellence and collaboration
“Antonio worked for Alexion Pharma EMEA as a executive consultant developing our Project Management practices and skills of our Management team; supporting the prioritization, selection and implementation of our Strategic Programs that helped us turnaround our company. Based on his work, I would rank Antonio as an outstanding strategic consultant. He distinguished himself by providing an exceptional no frills, well-researched, and tailor-made consulting assistance.”
“Antonio was a keynote speaker at our top 300 managers conference, and attendees unanimously acclaimed his intellectual sharpness, oratorical dexterity and interpersonal skills. Antonio has a knack for breaking complex topics down into easy-to-grasp subjects. In addition, participants also appreciated his ability to apply management and strategy topics to real-life challenges, shedding light on quick yet effective ways to efficiently solve everyday problems. In short: Antonio is a brilliant, savvy presenter whom I would like to hear again and again and again”.
“I had the opportunity to Learn from Mr. Antonio during the Project Management module he presented at “Innovative Leaders Program” in Dubai sponsored by UAE Government Leaders Program of the Prime Minister’s Office. During his session Mr. Antonio gave invaluable insights on Strategy, Project and Portfolio Management, He has displayed top level leadership and communication skills throughout the sessions.”