- Teambuilding expert
- Focus areas include organisational change, personal growth, negotiations, leadership, resilience, motivation, team guiding, entrepreneurship, creativity, and innovation
- An expert with regards to high-level athletic performance
- An engaging speaker who captivates his audience
Professor Jorge Sequeira has become a sought-after motivational speaker. His particular focus areas include organisational change, personal growth, negotiations, leadership, resilience, motivation, team guiding, entrepreneurship, creativity, and innovation.
After completion of his bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Porto, Portugal, Jorge Sequeira did an internship in England’s Bromham psychiatric hospital. He also partook in various European Programmes. One of these was NOW – New Opportunities for Women.
With regards to his master’s degree, Jorge Sequeira had, has its focus, the establishment of competencies to confront stress and anxiety. To this end, he joined the Foundation for Science and Technology as a research partner. From there he went on to conclude his Ph.D. The areas covered include motivation, goal formulation, emotional management, self-confidence, team building, and group cohesion.
A prolific author, Jorge Sequeira has made countless contributions to different media such as newspapers and magazines and worked with numerous companies with regards to sport psychology, behaviour management, and so much more. He has also presented keynotes at various international conferences.
With regards to his work in the sports world, Jorge Sequeira has worked with various football teams and high-level sports coaches.
His work as a lecturer sees Jorge Sequeira address both postgraduate students and those doing their Master’s. His courses focus on Human Resource Management, Image and Communication, Psychological Evaluation Methods, Organizational Behaviour, and Talent Management, among others.
Jorge Sequeira – Speaker
As a speaker, Jorge Sequeira has an excellent oratory gift, captivating and inspiring his audiences with his message. His enthusiasm, speaking style, and use of mixed media during his lectures make him accessible to his audience.
- Winnings Teams: The understanding of a group reality largely surpasses the simple understanding of the individual when regarded separately. Particularly because “a cluster of stars doesn’t necessarily result in a relevant constellation”. Empirical evidence has shown us that there are teams who can win due to their enormous collective force. Therefore, “it is just as important to know the mass of the cement which brings the bricks together, as it is to transform these bricks into a cohesive and unwavering wall”. It is about these ingredients that we are going to talk about.
- Motivating Leadership: In many cases, the failure of companies doesn’t find its roots in the performance of its unskilled labor. On the contrary, leaders are the ones who might not be following the right steps! Therefore, this lecture focuses on the more effective and inspiring styles of leadership. It also provides a wide range of suggestions for you to become a leader with better results and whose example is recognized by all. The sharing of these new guidelines can grant everybody a propelling springboard that facilitates personal growth and the transposition of obstacles, promoting a feeling of pride in the team they lead.
- The Power of Optimism: Many studies emphasize that the Portuguese are one of the least optimistic people in Europe. It is clear that this chronical pessimism, which has apparently dictated our destiny, strongly affects our individual performance and therefore, the company’s results. The investigation also shows that self-confidence can lead us to better performance since it encourages commitment and prospects of success. It’s this new spirit that we intend to promote, ceasing the morbid fatality that stunts our brain and erodes our soul, providing techniques that feed hope, leading people to act more determinately and enthusiastically.
- Embracing Change: Keeping up with the ever-evolving markets of technology or operative practices is a huge competitive advantage. However, these changes often trigger fears and lead to maladjustments that block organisational For this reason, we propose a number of orientations that make the conduct of these processes much easier. We also aim for a major shift in thinking by the collaborators, leading them to face these key moments as stimulating opportunities and transforming them not only into the main elements of their promotion but also of the companies they integrate.
- Creativity: Creativity and Innovation: If we aim for competitiveness, we ought to do things differently. To produce more of the same, we have a company’s workforce not adding much value to their products. To this end, we must cease with the old-fashioned posture: “I am the one who thinks here. Simply do your work!”. As if the two aspects were irreconcilable. This way, we must highlight the multiple ways to promote creativity, so that the expansion of ideas can result in effective innovation and lead us to success in more demanding markets. We must also stimulate “out of the box” thinking, meaning beyond the predictable. This is the idea upon which pioneering companies are built.
- Resilience: Overcoming Hardship: In times of crisis and hardship it is important, more than ever, not to give up and to reveal skills that can overthrow unfavorable gusts of wind. It is always possible to shift the sails in order to resist the shock and alter our perspective so that sudden problems can become nothing but new challenges. It is possible to control our destiny instead of assuming the future as fatal. It is possible to change people’s mindset, increasing their determination and persistence. According to this idea, it’s not the ones who fall in the water that drown, but the ones who give up without a fight. All in all, “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade”, taking advantage of the threats to become stronger and even more competitive.
- Passion for Winning: Self-confidence and Motivation: This lecture intends to bring people to adopt attitudes that illustrate their commitment to excellence, “always playing to win, not settling for the comfort of a position in the middle of the scoreboard”. It is a trip through the skills that are closely linked to success. To put it simply, it’s a best of… This way, we present multiple recommendations to improve your motivation, your self-confidence or your leadership ability, among others. It provides you with an injection of energy and mental vigor.
- Guilt’s Marriage: “Sorry, I’m late. There was a lot of traffic”; “I was not promoted because my boss doesn’t like me” or “I failed the test because it was too difficult.”, are some of the frequent expressions that transfer the cause of our failures to third parties. As long as we think like this, we do nothing to change the situation… Behind this attitude can be found the roots of slacking behavior, default and interpersonal conflict in organisations, causing them to be less competitive. This way, we recommend several practices to increase personal accountability. After this lecture, the “it’s their fault” attitude is long gone, quickly replaced by the assumed “it’s my fault” one that is much more realistic, healthy and promoting of individual and collective efficiency. Let us “prevent guilt from dying single” by assuming our own mistakes.
- Emotion’s Reason: Haven’t you ever questioned yourself over the motive for the existence of fools who are extremely successful and geniuses who appear to be dumb? This finding is enough to show that personal and professional success are associated with aspects that go beyond logical thinking. This lecture is an extraordinary tour through the world of emotional intelligence as a decisive skill in the achievement of exceptional results.
- Sonhalidade: It is imperative to feed our dreams for they are the biggest source of ideas, which run free with no restrictions or censorship. For this reason, we should never criticize those who seem to daydream most of the time. However, we must keep our feet on the ground so that we are able to use what imagination offers and make our dreams come true. This idea is the core of this lecture. We must never forget that everything that is today reality has once been a dream.
- DAR AO PEDAL: You’re formally invited to go on a fascinating trip through the most important soft skills, which can be found in each letter of the acrostic “DAR AO PEDAL”. This way, the letter “D” spells out the word Doubt, inciting the participants to question processes and attitudes, in order to make of improvement not only an episode without equal but a constant element in their lives. The letter “A” spells out Ambition, the never-ending desire to do more and better; “R” spells out the Portuguese word for discipline and so on, referring to powerful words like Autonomy and Optimism, ending with the Portuguese word “Luta”, which in this context is roughly translated to resilience. What is in the core of success? How can we elicit the power of initiative? These and other behavioral dimensions will be mentioned, identifying the skills that propel companies towards exceptional results.